This is a commission I've been working on recently (see previous blog post 'feeling blue..'). I thought I was really getting somewhere with it, however at the weekend I had a bit of an issue with this painting as it just wasn't right! I then started adding deep, dark colours and building more and more layers up. The colours were lovely but then come Sunday morning it just didn't fit with what the client wanted! It was making me mad.....so I did my usual trick of covering it all up again in white emulsion!!
I know it seems mad to many....but now I can work into it again and always sand down certain areas and expose the layers beneath!
Bring on wherever the painting goes from here......:S